- Teen Summer Classes at Portland Center Stage
Under the guidance of working theater professionals, participants will explore a wide variety of contemporary theater studies including monologues, scene study and playwriting. While this session is suitable for students new to theater, it is also an excellent building block for the ambitious teen wishing to develop stronger ties to the professional community. The session will culminate with an informal presentation for friends and family.
- Classes at Oregon Children’s Theatre
OCT’S Acting Academy has a class for you! You’ll find classes offered after school and on weekends with plenty of choices for students ages 3 to 18.
Acting Academy features:
- A staff of professional theater and teaching artists, eager to share their knowledge and joy of theater.
- Beginning to college-level training to engage new and experienced students.
- Specific goals in each class that challenge students, as well as celebrate their success.
- A welcoming environment that encourages each student to grow as an artist and as a person.
- Every class features a final class demonstration for friends and family to attend.
- Young Professionals Company mentoring program for teens.
- Our yearlong playwriting intensive–Inkwell!
Monday-Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm | Location: 1939 NE Sandy Blvd
Strengthen auditions and enhance acting skills through scene and monologue work. Emphasis on creating believable characters physically and vocally, script analysis, improvisation, and fun ensemble exercises.
Price: $160 Instructor: Chris Harder Ages: 12+ Level: INT